Arrive Chennai / Mahabalipuram
On arrival at Chennai airport you are met by your Inca Tours representative and driven to Mahabalipuram.
Mahabalipuram is pre-eminently testimony to the Pallavas civilization of south-east India. It houses the group of sanctuaries, founded by the Pallava kings which were carved out of rock, along the Coromandel Coast in the 7th and 8th centuries. It is known especially for its rathas (temples in the form of chariots), mandapas (cave sanctuaries), giant open-air reliefs such as the famous ‘Descent of the Ganges’, and the temple of Rivage, with thousands of sculptures to the glory of Shiva. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Mahabalipuram / Chennai / Bangalore
This morning explore the ancient heritage of Mahabalipuram temples, built in 7th century. It is today the sight of several antique sculptural marvels.
Afterwards you are taken to Chennai railway station where you board the Shatabdi Express train at 1730 to Bangalore. Upon arrival in Bangalore at 2230 you are met and taken to your hotel.
Cosmopolitan Bengaluru (formerly Bangalore) is one of India’s most progressive and developed cities, blessed with a benevolent climate and a burgeoning drinking, dining and shopping scene. Yes, its creature comforts are a godsend to the weary traveller who has done the hard yards and it’s a great city for mixing with locals in craft beer joints or quirky independent cafes. (B)
Bangalore / Mysore
This morning proceed for a half day city tour of Bangalore including visits of the Tipu Palace, Bull Temple and Vidhana Souda (Outside view). After the visit you will be driven to Mysore.
Located in the Indian state of Karnataka, Mysore was the former capital of this region. A city of palaces, people and smells, the princely city of Mysore is worth a visit whatever the month or season. Mysore is a dream city that never lets down the visitors with its clean, light and easy-going environment. (B)
Enjoy a morning city tour of Mysore visiting the palace of the Maharaja built in 1911-12. The palace is a harmonious Synthesis of the Hindu and Saracenic styles of architecture with archways, domes, turrets, colonnades and sculptures which are magnificent. Visit the Mysore Palace, Art Gallery, Devraja Market & drive up to Chamundi Hill to see Chamundeshwari Temple and have a panoramic view of Mysore from the top of the hill. (B)
Mysore / Ooty
Today you are taken by road to Ooty and upon arrival check in at hotel. (B)
This morning enjoy a city tour of Ooty including visits of the Botanical Gardens, Ooty Lake, Tea Museum & Factory, Dodabata peak, Rose Garden etc. You have the rest of the day at leisure. (B)
Ooty / Connoor / Cochin
This morning you take a ride on the Famous Toy Train up to Coonoor, where upon arrival you continue by road to Coimbatore to connect with the train to Cochin. On arrive Cochin station you will be met and taken to hotel.
Cochin is believed to be the finest natural harbour in the world. With ferry rides commanding its breath taking view. As you cruise around man-made islands with lush green lawns sloping down to the water’s edge. Cochin is the oldest European settlement in India recording a history of visitors who came, saw and stayed for hundreds of years. Layered impressions – Chinese, Arab, Jewish, British, French and Portuguese are contained within its environment. (B)
This morning’s tour of the city includes visits to the Dutch Palace (closed on Fridays), the Jewish Synagogue – (which remains closed on Saturdays), St. Francis Church and the Santa Cruz Basilica. While driving along the coastline, at the Harbour’s mouth, one can also view the unique and still-in-use “Chinese Fishing Nets” which were introduced by the Chinese traders in the 14th Century. The tour ends in the Fort Kochi area where you can walk through the historical Dutch and Portuguese buildings. Some parts of this nearly 500-year-old Fort are still amazingly well preserved. Also visit Jew Street which is famous for the antiques.
This evening enjoy a Kathakali Dance Performance. Kathakali is a ritualised dance form native to Kerala; elaborate costumes and makeup, as seen here, are the norm. Male dancers portray both male and female roles. (B)
Cochin / Alleppey
This morning you will be driven to Alleppey and upon arrival check-in into luxury houseboat.
Alleppey, known as the ‘Venice of the East’, is a district of immense natural beauty, with a vast network of lakes, lagoons, canals and freshwater rivers crisscrossing its terrain. Today, this backwater destination is famous for its boat races, beaches, marine products and coir industry. Enjoy a full day cruise along the scenic backwaters of Vembanad Lake. (B)
Alleppey / Kumarakom
Today morning you will be driven to Kumarakom. Situated 13km away from Kottayam is a sleepy little village on Vembanad Lake in Kerala. It offers wide variety of flora, exotic sightseeing, boating and fishing experience. Kumarakom is a veritable cornucopia of travel pleasures that will mesmerize your senses. It is truly a paradise on earth. It is one of the foremost travel destinations on the planet and a crown jewel of Kerala tourism. The legendary backwaters of Kumarakom have brought visitors from far and wide to its shores. The dancing palm trees and the exquisite houseboats are just an added advantage or flourishes to your vacation. (B)
You have the day at leisure. (B)
Following breakfast you are taken to Cochin Airport for your onward flight.
Inca Tours does not own any of the hotels, lodges or service providers utilised in making up the tours. As a result Inca Tours is only acting as an agent for the operators and as such does not accept responsibility for any negligence, omissions, errors or differences in standard experienced by passengers when utilising the operators’ products or services. Please Note: for full booking terms and conditions please see the back of our booking form.
- Departs as a tailor-made tour with a minimum of two people.
- From $1,750pp twin share
- Single supplement from $775
Based on departures April to September 2017, contact us for pricing on other dates.
- 3 star
- Local English speaking Escort/Expert Guide in each location
- Explore Mahabalipuram temples
- The Shatabdi Express train
- Bangalore city tour
- Mysore, famous for silk & sandalwood
- Ooty, a picturesque mountain village
- The famous “Toy Train” to Coonoor
- Coonoor, a popular hill resort town
- Cochin city tour
- Kathakali dance performance
- Alleppey, ‘Venice of the East’
- Overnight on luxury houseboat
- Cruise scenic backwaters of Vembanad Lake
- Kumarakom, paradise on earth
ITINERARY IN BRIEF
- Mahabalipuram (1 night)
- Bangalore (1 night)
- Mysore (2 nights)
- Ooty (2 nights)
- Cochin (2 nights)
- Alleppey houseboat (1 night)
- Kumarakom (2 nights)
- Meeting & assistance on arrival/departure by Inca Tours India Representative.
- Transfers from airport to hotels & vice versa & all sightseeing tours by AC medium car.
- Accommodation in a double or a twin bedded room on Bed & breakfast basis.
- Service of local English speaking guides for sightseeing tour per itinerary.
- Cost of entrance tickets to monuments, museums as per the itinerary.
- Train Tickets from Chennai / Bangalore in best available class.
- Toy Train tickets from Ooty / Coonoor in best available class.
- Domestic air tickets.
- Tips and gratuities.
- Medical & Travel Insurance.
- Alcoholic / non-alcoholic beverages.
- Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, beverages, telephone calls etc.
- Any other services not covered above.
- The rates are subject to change without any prior notice due to any new taxation, Fuel increase or major fluctuation in exchange rates.
- This quote is strictly subject to availability of accommodation at hotels mentioned in the program and in case on any non-availability a similar category of hotel will be booked.
- The rates are not valid during any special event, fair and exhibitions as all hotels charge supplements during any special events.
- Train booking opens 120 days prior to departure dates and it is advisable to book at the earliest to avoid non- availability. In case seats are not available in the desired class then the same will be offered on any available class and supplement will be applicable accordingly.